Wednesday, March 9, 2011

We make a life by.......cont;....

Things are coming along nicely.  I now have a sofa, maybe two.  The neighbour of a friend was about to throw away a very clean 2 seater as she is about to renovate her lounge room.  I asked if she would keep it until I can some how get over there to collect it and she said she may have a match, she hadn't decided yet if she was going to change both, so maybe we have two...

Word is out among friends that I have a wish list and if they see these things on the street they will call, if they themselves can not pick them up..

If I can't re-cover the sofa. ( Some times they are too heavy for me to lift and turn.)  It is always possible to make a slip cover to go over the old one if the sofa or chair is clean. Matching details like cushions with other things in the room will bring it to life.



A tip full of old furniture 
It is often heart breaking to see some of the things that go into land fill
and this beautiful little 1930s recession chair was found in the local tip in
An honest, well made, solid chair  
Mudgee  NSW . It was one of my first pieces.  The seat was made out of a packing case and just slips out.   My brother Rod had to gather up all the pieces ..He handed me this pile of, what looked like rubbish, and when finished this is what I had.  The fabric is not to everyone's taste, I chose this one as it reminded me of my grandmother, and I can just see it sitting in her sunroom ...                                                                                                                                        


A ..post script to this post is that my friend who this project was started for got the job, the unit, the furniture ..and the man is in remission ..so Life is good ..and in the end she did a lot of the finding herself ..sometimes it just takes another look at things.. a different angle ..to see that the road is not as long .. the wall not so high as you first thought ...and its amazing what is out there to find if you look at it from a different angle ..sometimes things just need a good clean, a lick of paint and new home ..like we do now and then ...

No comments:

Post a Comment