Friday, January 28, 2011

The Toilet Paper Thief

   Stealing,  Pilfering, Swiping, Scrumping, Snowdroping,....There 's a lot of words for taking what's not yours and the word used usually indicates the degree in which we see the crime.  Scrumping apples, pilfering ashtrays, (from hotel rooms),  snowdroping underwear, (from clothes lines).  No matter how quaint the word is, it's wrong, it's annoying and it's antisocial,  and my sufferance at the moment is the toilet paper  thief.  I own a shop and I hire fancy dress costumes.  I also serve coffee to my customers and I have both a private and customer toilet.  If the amount of toilet paper is any indication of the success of my business I think I'm  doing very well thank you, but the pie chart is flawed.  I'm not that good at math but x times toilet paper = customers, just does not add up.  I don't understand the toilet paper economy.
   why would you.  Anyone!! steal toilet paper!  How much is it going to to add to  the family budget if you stuff a roll of toilet paper in your hand bag or pants pocket.  How much toilet paper does a family go through anyway and how would that change the budget...With the amount of toilet paper disappearing from my humble store, and if it is assumed that every store is targeted to the same extent then only a third of the people using toilet paper actually pay for the toilet paper they're using ..talk about wiping someone else's a..!   If you do it !  Don't !..It just  contributes to embarrassing situations.  Like people peeping around the corner of the toilet door trying to catch my attention as they crouch there with their legs crossed ...
   I have often  wondered about  poo  smeared public toilet walls ..Not any more ..Some moron swiped , flinched , poached, misappropriated or snitched the bloody toilet paper ...

No comments:

Post a Comment